I can personally vouch for the fabulousness of Forever 21 jeans — I’ve gotten many compliments on my $13 jeans from the retailer, and have recently told two other people that I liked their jeans, only to discover that they had on Forever 21 jeans too! I really think these Zip Ankle Skinny Jeans, ($12.50) will look right at home with a pair of vintagey booties and long tunic top. Choose from dark denim or indigo. Add $5.95 for s&h.
Posted in Shopping | Leave a Comment »
It’s that time again! Check out the fabulous Indepedent Fashion Bloggers’ Best Links of the Week:
- A Few Goody GumDrops – A Few Goody Gumdrops is cuffing her wrists with the Red Crocodile Bracelets from Nancy Gonzalez!
- Caged Lilies – Feeling russian. Chanel pre fall 09 review
- Capitola Girl Jewelry Blog – I’m having a girl moment…
- Couture Allure Vintage – Couture Allure takes a look at fashion photography of Hiro from 1966.
- Debutante Clothing – Vintage Dress Silhouettes Over the Decades
- Fashion Birdcage – MATERIALBYPRODUCT Template Spring Summer 09 Collection
- fashion in my eyes – Coco in motion
- Fashion Pulse Daily – Fashion Pulse’s runway look of the day is none other than Rodarte’s Grecian goddess gowns – check out what we think about it!
- Fasshonaburu – Why should the mortgage companies and auto industry get all the breaks? A fashion industry bailout proposal.
- Flights of Fab Fashion Fancy – At Flights of Fab Fashion Fancy diamonds are a girl’s best friend!
- Iole in fashion – Sunglasses
- O.M.O. Writes – FASHION ICON: International Stylist, Catherine Baba. Hailed the “most stylish woman in Paris,” she epitomizes glamour and gaudiness!
- Shopping and Info – The scoop on Nicole Richie and Kim Kardashian wearing Rozae Nichols
- Style Discovery – Introducing young designers from the West Australian Institute of Fashion and Textile. Style Discovery’s show coverage, interviews and more.
- SwanDiamondRose – Mandy aka Yarnageddon is co-author of the upcoming Yarnbombing book.
- The Subadult Years – My fabulous sample sale example with Canadian designer Lucian Matis
- Tierra M Wilson – Fashion Gives Back In Arizona
It’s a little personal
- Being High Maintenance, not Bitchy – How to wear vests part 1: how the ladies rock it
- Dirty Laundry – Red: The first of a week long monochromatic experiment.
- dramatis personae – Bringing Back Burlesque… ways for the average girl to incorporate the glamour and glitz of Burlesque in to her wardrobe.
- Daisy Fairbanks Vintage – Pinkaholism. Love pink? Hate it? Find out more.
- la boudoir – Perfect Party Picks – Dresses to wear to that upcoming holiday party
- Little Black Book – The guide to online clothes shopping and where to look.
- In Life and In Fashion – Hibernation Helper: How to stay stylishly warm when it is c-c-c-cold outside! Brrrr!
- Or False Glitter – -Style crisis! Do we choose our style or does it choose us?
- shopfair – A guide to successful color matching. Find the right colors for your skintone and create colorful outfits.
- Style Symmetry – I Love London! Do you?
- THE COVETED – DIY : Turn old sweaters into lovely opera gloves.
‘Tis the Season
You are Beautiful
- ShopDiary – finds some fantastic deals on cosmetics and fragrances at Costco, of all places!
- Summershoes – Tips and Tricks and Beauty Secrets: Easy to make Papaya Mask
- Your Style Star – Hot Lip Tips
Posted in Link Love | Leave a Comment »
[Celebrities get paid to look good and serve as a style guide to all us common folk, and part of looking good is flaunting their totally awesome fashion sense. Each week, I will be highlighting my Style Idol of the week: a celebrity who consistently shows keen fashion sense and whose closet I would raid in a heartbeat.
Of course, no celebs are immune to the occasional “what the hell were they thinking?” moment, but for the most part, these celebs look foxy and fabulous and inspire us all to do the same.]
Donning scrubs on her TV show, Grey’s Anatomy, Katherine Heigl is far from a fashionista. Off the set, though, she’s got a great, easy style that always looks polished (to go with that nice polished rock she’s got on her finger).
Katherine isn’t a big risk-taker or a trend-setter when it comes to fashion, but she knows how to put together an ensemble that highlights her curvaceous body without going over-the-top on the sexy factor. Add that with her magical ability to mix prints and colors and you’ve got yourself one fashionable lady. She’s often photographed around L.A. in adorable sweaters, flats and jeans, but when she hits the red carpet, she brings out the va-va-voom and plays up her blonde bombshell status with curve hugging, classically glamorous gowns. There is no need for a little lift or tuck in her wardrobe; this girl has got it going on.
Check out more style posts from our Fabulous Friends at CollegeCandy.
Posted in Celebrity Style, Link Love | Leave a Comment »
There’s just so much to love about this look — the soft versus hard elements, the amazing color palette, the sculptural bodice of the Grecian-inspired dresses. Laura and Kate Mulleavy are no one-hit wonder, and you can surely tell by the distinct looks in their Spring/Summer 2009 collection that this sister designing duo are certainly here to stay. The collection overall expressed a sense of cohesiveness rarely found this season, traveling from lightness to darkness with a sense of laid-back ease.
Posted in Runway Looks | Tagged Grecian Gown, Laure & Kate Mullleavy, Rodarte | Leave a Comment »
There’s still time to take advantage of the sale at eLUXURY.com — you get an extra 25% off and free shipping at checkout! Offer ends today (Monday) at 111:59pm, so hurry scurry!
Our favorite items include:
James Perse Tank Tunic Dress, in Black, $41.25 (was $75)
Dsquared2 Cap-Sleeve Blouse, $78.75 (was $375)
Y-3Big Hood Blouse, $108.75 (was $364)
MM6 Maison Martin Margiela Sporty Silk Dress, $111.75 (was $375)
Posted in Shopping | Tagged eLUXURY.com, extra 25% off, free shipping | Leave a Comment »
A jewel-toned satin holiday dress for under $15? Count me in! I’m definitely not going to pass up this Natane Tube Dress, $14.50 as my Forever 21 Pick of the Day! There are currently six colors to choose from and plenty of sizes still available. My favorite is most definitely the red, but the magenta could be fun for New Year’s….maybe I should get both??? This dress looks fabulous paired with a little velvet bolero or cardigan, sheer black hosiery, a bow clutch, and killer heels. Add $5.95 for s&h.
Posted in Shopping | Tagged bubble dress, Foreve21.com, Forever 21 pick of the day, jewel tone dres, Satin Dress | Leave a Comment »