From Russia (and Paris), with Love — Karl Lagerfeld readily admits his Russian inspirations for this pre-fall collection: the Ballets Russes, Constructivism, Byzantine jewelry, and Slavic folklore. Aptly named “Paris-Moscou”, the collection was full of red, over-the-top furs and embellishments, leather leggings, and fringe. I absolutely was fascinated by the amazing headresses and thrilled with the revival of muffs.
Although it was nearly impossible to pick one look as my favorite, I ended up going with the show-closer, this amazing dress and head piece that succinctly melded several different trends of the collection into one. I loved the way the scalloped layers of the bodice appeared to be breaking away from the ombre portion of the dress.
Sweet rosettes, both tiny and over sized, have been spotted on everything from winter floral dresses to rings, necklaces, and earrings. We’ve been spotted rocking rosettes for quite some time now, but can always add more to the collection. It was quite wise and stylish of Forever 21 to combine the rose trend with one of the hottest colors of the season, mustard, in these Rose Cut Stud Earrings, for a mere $3.80. If you want to get all matchy-matchy on us, don’t miss the Rosebud Ring for $2.80.
It’s official! There are only 12 days left until Christmas! That means that you have less than two weeks to get a gift for the most important person on your list –yourself! And with all of these great deals, you won’t even feel guilty!
- It’s not too late to head to the amazing Diane Von Furstenberg sample sale! Dresses, knits, and more for 75% off!
12/13, 9-3pm; 260 Fifth Ave
- We heart Alexander Wang. Especially at 80% off!
12/13, 10-7pm; 386 Broadway
- Have you always dreamt of a Vera Wang wedding dress? Saturday 12/13 is the perfect day to make this dream a reality. Bridal and bridesmaids dresses will be 35-75% off!
12/13, 9-5pm; The New Yorker Hotel, 481 Eighth Ave., at 34th St.
- What could be better than sitting by the fire, a cup of coco in hand, in a warm and cozy TSE cashmere sweater? Sitting by the fire, a cup of coco in hand, in a warm cozy TSE cashmere sweater that you paid $50 for! The TSE sample sale begins Saturday, 12/13 and you’ll find garments, like cashmere sweaters, ranging in price from $50-$200.
12/13-12/17, 9-7pm; 317 West 33rd st.
- A vintage designer sale is being held Saturday, 12/13 to benefit the Lower Eastside Girls Club and NYU’s Fashion Business Association. The items will range in price from $5-$200! You’ll feel good saving money and helping others at the same time!
12/13, 6pm-8pm; : La Tiendita, 56 East 1st Street
- Why not replace your old bag with a Badgley Mischka, Cynthia Rowley, or Franchi one? Need an incentive? Price tags for Mischka bags will start at just $99!
12/15-12/16 9-7pm; 320 5th Ave., Suite 608
- If you’re an Italian brands lover, check out the IT Sample Sale, featuring garments from Just Cavalli, Galliano, Malo, and more at 70% off!
12/15-12/20, 11-8pm, 12/21, 11-6pm; 17 Battery Place South, 5th Fl
Once again, leave it to Forever 21 to make designer style accessible to the masses! It was love at first site with this vibrant red/magenta Chroma Hobo Handbag for $19.80. It’s a pretty good “interpretation” of the Prada version, which naturally contains a tiny triangular logo and costs a lot more. The leather strips and colors definitely evoke memories of handbags in the late eighties, but done in a fresh, new silhouette. If you’re not sure if your wardrobe’s color palette works with this one, there’s always the black and cream version to tone things down a bit.
The Fashionable Housewife: Like To Layer? Layering is HOT, HOT, HOT this season – and lucky for us all this is an easy and AFFORDABLE trend!
Factio Magazine: We check out shopping for the new digital generation…
Fashion Fille: Fashion Fille adds some major OOOMPH to an other bo-oooo-ring jacket with none other than gold embellishments!
Fashion Pulse: We’re loving the S/S 2009 Rodarte collection — check out our favorite Grecian Goddess Glam Rocker look from the collection.
Fashiontribes: The holidays just got more festive now that Thakoon for Target is coming soon!
Hip Candy: Get your holiday gifts from “Going Out of Business” sales.
Runway To Retail: Dazzle this holiday season with gorgeous and affordable cocktail rings!
The Fashionable Bambino: We’re giving away a handmade “Jooble” toy from Fair Indigo!
The Fashionable Gal: Give the Gift of Variety with Kat Von D’s cosmetic line from Sephora!
Win a $500 fashion & beauty Christmas stocking: The Bargain Queens have teamed up with WORKS by Nicole Williams to give one lucky reader a fabulous Christmas gift